Invantive Control and other Office add-ins are installed as an add-in to Excel and other Office products. By default, the installation is done for all users of a device.
When running on a terminal server, you might want to disable the add-in for most users and activate for specific users.
How do you configure the add-in to be available only for specific users?
This instruction is just provided as a suggestion. The procedure, possible damages and configuration on non-vanilla terminal server installations are not covered by a subscription.
Please consult your local system administrator for expertise or contact Invantive or dealers for consulting on basis of Time & Material.
This answer provides a solution that involves changing the registry. Please make sure you have a recoverable backup in case you might break anything.
Already using another add-in?
The steps to selectively enable Visual Studio Tools for Office ("VSTO") add-ins on a terminal server is typically identical across all Invantive and non-Invantive add-ins.
Please first consider use of a working procedure you already have grown accustomed to for other VSTO add-ins supplied by 3rd parties.
Perform the following steps:
- Click the Windows icon and type
- Navigate to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Office\Excel\Addins\Invantive Control for Excel.
- Export the key using the
- Save the file on your desktop.
- Change the value of the
LoadBehaviorkey in the registry to
0. This will disable the add-in for all users.
- Open the file you just saved in notepad.
- Distribute this file to the user that needs to have the add-in enabled.
- Log in as the user that needs to have the add-in enabled.
- From that user account, run the registry file you have edited in the previous step by double-clicking it.
- Log out.
- Login in again.
- The add-in should load for users that have the registry file installed.